Actionable Products, Built for Behavioral Needs
Founded on the principle that leveraging behavioral health data can transform patient care and improve outcomes, Polaris creates the evidence-based products behavioral health providers need to take action.
The possibilities are endless.
Unlocking the power of behavioral health insights can transform care quality and treatment outcomes in your organization.
- Track Patient Progress and Optimize Treatment: Measure and benchmark a patient’s progress over time through regular assessments and analyses, and identify patients who may benefit from more effective care options.
- Manage the Recovery Process: Ensure that all patient needs are being met throughout the recovery process, including those that can increase the risk of relapse, dropout or other poor outcomes.
- Evaluate, Communicate, Collaborate: Be alerted early when the course of care needs modifying. Maintain consistent touch points with your patients.
- Address Red Flags in Real-time: Identify risk factors to recovery early, and quickly determine whether immediate intervention is needed to address behavioral health risk factors.
All of our Behavioral Health products are response adaptive, secure and HIPAA-compliant, and were developed with funding from the National Institutes of Health.
Our Behavioral Health Products
Polestar Addiction is the premier outcomes management system for substance use disorder (SUD) treatment providers. It has been nationally recognized as the premier system for translating research into practice.
Polestar Addiction incorporates measures designed explicitly to support clinical decision-making and quality improvement for substance abuse treatment programs, including scales from the Addiction Severity Index. Reflecting the latest research in addiction care, the system supports the evidence-based Motivational Interviewing Technique and Patient-Services matching.
Polestar Addiction is centered on answering the question: What works best for whom? It enables you to assess and address individual patient needs and match patients to the care that is right for them.
The system also incorporates predictors of risk for a patient who is unlikely to engage in treatment and has an increased likelihood for relapse or treatment dropout.
With measures designed explicitly to drive a more efficient use of resources and support clinical decision-making and quality improvement, Polestar Addiction answers these key questions:
- What services are most appropriate for this patient?
- Is my patient‘s treatment working? Is progress satisfactory?
- Is my patient at high risk for dropout or relapse? How can they be helped in order to maintain recovery?
- Is my patient motivated and ready for change?
Polestar Mental Health
Polestar Mental Health is Polaris’s comprehensive mental health outcomes management system, which helps providers assess a patient’s psychosocial needs, as well as strengths, to guide the treatment planning process. The product also features a rigorously tested substance abuse screener and assessment with scales from the Addiction Severity Index.
Its unique Expected Treatment Response model predicts a patient’s likely response to treatment based on a number of variables that impact outcomes, and analyzes expected response in relation to actual patient progress.
The system supports multiple administrations during treatment to monitor patient progress and satisfaction, and reflects the needs of all stakeholders in the treatment process: patients, clinicians, clinical managers/administrators, case managers/utilization reviewers and payers. Assessments are available in English, Spanish and French.
Polestar Mental Health answers questions like:
- Is the patient‘s treatment working? Is progress satisfactory?
- Is the patient a candidate for more efficient care options?
- How can a patient be helped to improve treatment adherence?
- Does the patient have important strengths (resiliency) that therapy can build upon?
- Has the patient had a positive or negative previous treatment experience?
Contact Polaris to learn more about our module for severe and persistent mental illness.
Polestar Vital Signs
Polestar Vital Signs is an active Labs initiative that will be the vital signs check for behavioral health—much like the blood pressure check your physician performs at the beginning of each office visit.
This system will support providers in systematically screening for each patient’s behavioral health related needs and connecting them to the appropriate care. Polestar Vital Signs will streamline the process of linking patients with the specialized care they need, overcome traditional barriers associated with reporting on behavioral health conditions, and efficiently adapt to the hectic pace of practice.
Patients and providers alike will feel confident that behavioral health needs have been identified and that the patient has been matched to the right physician or counselor to address his or her concerns.
Polestar Vital Signs will answer questions like:
- Does my patient have behavioral health needs that should be addressed?
- Who is the appropriate provider to meet these needs for my patient?
Contact Polaris to learn more about this active Labs initiative.
Polestar Domestic Violence
Polestar Domestic Violence supports early intervention, can help improve mental health outcomes, reduce the risk of revictimization and lower the long-term costs related to health care utilization, chronic diseases and employment.
The system non-invasively screens for domestic violence—emotional, sexual and physical—supports service planning, provides standardized insights on resilience, PTSD and changing mental health symptomology. It also supports the coordinated response of the many agencies that may be involved in a domestic violence situation, including law enforcement, treatment providers, family justice centers, and domestic violence and mental health agencies.
Polestar Domestic Violence answers questions like:
- What co-existing mental health needs might my patient have, including depression, anxiety and PTSD?
- What are some of my patient’s compensating adult strengths, such as resiliency and goal directedness?
- Are the services provided making a positive impact?