Measuring Progress, Tailoring Treatment, Improving Outcomes for Mental Health Care Providers
Polaris helps mental health providers assess a patient’s psychosocial needs and strengths to measure and guide the treatment planning process—even beyond the office visit. Our dynamic system makes use of in-office and out-of-office technologies to continuously measure, monitor and tailor treatment plans throughout the course of care.
Polaris’s advanced analytics and Expected Treatment Response model predicts a patient’s likely response to treatment based on a number of variables that impact outcomes, and analyzes expected response in relation to actual patient progress.
Polaris supports multiple administrations during treatment to monitor patient progress and satisfaction, and reflects the needs of all stakeholders in the treatment process: patients, clinicians, clinical managers/administrators, case managers/utilization reviewers and payers.
Polaris answers these key questions for mental health providers:
- Is the patient‘s treatment working? Is progress satisfactory?
- Is the patient a candidate for more efficient care options?
- How can a patient be helped to improve treatment adherence?
- Does the patient have important strengths (resiliency) that therapy can build upon?
- Has the patient had a positive or negative previous treatment experience?
Contact Polaris to learn more about how Polaris can also serve the needs of centers treating severe and persistent mental illness.